The Community of Madrid has published the support system for the purchase of city e-bikes and regional bicycles in the Official Gazette.
A package of direct financial aids for the purchase of e-scooters, two-wheeled pedal powered bicycles and two-wheeled mopeds.
The total budget is € 2,050,000 and for bicycles, retroactively from January 1, 2020, support of up to € 600 (or a maximum of 50% of the suggested retail price) is considered.
The subsidies cover up to 50% of the purchase price with the following limits up to € 600 for pedal powered bicycles and a power less than or equal to 250 W.
Aid can be applied for by anyone residing in the Community of Madrid. Anyone who buys or has purchased a bicycle that meets these requirements since 1 January 2020 can enjoy this benefit.
Minimum requirements for supported bicycles.
- Bicycles with electric pedal assistance (Pedelec), with a maximum continuous rated power less than or equal to 250 watts and a maximum speed of 25 km / h. In accordance with the provisions of the Instruction of the Directorate-General for Transport of May 31, 2019, in which it clarifies the provisions of Regulation (EU) No 168/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of January 15, 2013. Relates to the approval of two- or three-wheel vehicles and quadricycles, and the market surveillance of these vehicles.
- Bicycles equipped with a rigid frame, with or without suspension, provided they are categorized by the manufacturer for urban or interurban use.
- Battery with a watt hour rating equal or more than 248 Wh (watts / hour).
- Complete lighting system: Bicycles with pedal assistance covered by this assistance must be purchased with a complete standard lighting system. Both powered by the main battery or batteries.
- Mudguards: these must be complete, both front and rear, and must be standard equipment on the vehicle.
- Invoice price less than 4,000 euros (VAT included).
This item also includes the granting of an environmental guarantee. Maximum of € 1,250.00 per applicant to make use of shared sustainable mobility services (car sharing or moto sharing). It will be for a period of two years and eliminate a private older vehicle, over 10 years, or without an environmental label.